25-Minute Burpee and Kettlebell EMOM
This 25-minute EMOM burpee and kettlebell EMOM workout can be done anytime anywhere with 1 kettlebell and a bit of space. The goal is to accumulate as many burpees as possible. Let’s go!
Complete your own warm-up or try this one to prepare for the workout.
Complete 3 rounds:
- 20 jumping jacks
- 5 inchworms into upward dog stretch
- 10 reverse lunges with overhead reach
- 20 high knees running in place
- 10 glute bridges
- Left side plank 30-seconds
- Right side plank 30-seconds
- 10 world’s greatest stretch per side
Complete the following, every minute on the minute for 25 minutes (5 rounds):
- 25 bodyweight squats
- 12 push-ups
- 25 Russian kettlebell swings (to eye level)
- Max effort burpees (as many as possible – go hard!)
How it Works: Start a timer and complete 25 bodyweight squats, then rest until 1:00. At 1:00, do 15 push-up then rest until 2:00. At 2:00, do the 25 kettlebell swings then rest until 3:00. At 3:00, complete as many burpees as possible in 1 minute. At 4:00, rest for the full minute before starting back on the squats. Repeat for 5 rounds or 25 minutes total.
- Recommend weight. 16 kg kettlebell for ladies and a 24 kg kettlebell for men. Choose a weight that allows you to complete the 25 reps in one set.
- No kettlebell? If you don’t have a kettlebell, you can use 1 dumbbell. Hold it with two hands stacked on the handle and swing. Recommended: 35 lb dumbbell for ladies and a 50 lb dumbbell for men.
- Barbell version. Instead of kettlebell or dumbbell swings, do 20 deadlifts with a relatively light weight, such as 65 lbs for ladies and 95 lbs. for men.
- Reps. You should be getting some rest after the squats, push-ups, and swings, so adjust the reps accordingly to allow for this. Each movement should be completed quickly, without rest, aside from the push-ups, which you may break into 2 quick sets if needed.
- Push-ups. If 12 push-ups are taking the full minute, scale the reps back to 8-10 reps. If you’re good at push-ups, increase the reps to 15-20. They get tough paired with the burpees!
- Go hard! For the burpees, you should be going as fast as possible with good form, with the goal of getting as many as you can. Maintain good form: chest hits the ground and hips are extended when you jump at the top.
- Advanced athletes. Try 20 goblet squats with the kettlebell instead of 25 bodyweight squats and increase the push-ups to 20 reps.
Don’t forget to post your score to the comment section below! I got 89 burpees.
How many can you get??
Complete 3-4 rounds following the same format as above:
- 15-20 bodyweight squats or squats to a chair or bench
- 10-12 push-ups from knees or to a box or bench
- 15-20 Russian kettlebell swings (to eye level)
- Max effort burpees (as many as possible)
For the kettlebell swings, use a 12-16 kg kettlebell. You should be able to complete all of them in one set.
I’m SO excited to see new workouts posted! I tried this one on Wednesday after being at the cottage for 9 days and doing no real workouts (the heat/humidity here has been crazy!) It’s Friday now and my legs still hurt! I did take your suggestion and upped the air squats to goblet squats, but did the rest as written. I probably could have increased the pushups as that’s where I had the most rest time. 84 burpees…so close!
Haha…awesome!! I didn’t do goblet squats though, so, good job..no wonder your legs are sore! New workouts are being posted Mondays and Fridays now. Have fun!