Raw Vegan Hazelnut Truffles
I’d be thinking all day about what to make with the leftover hazelnuts from yesterdays Spinach Hazelnut Pesto and having just picked up a fresh jar of coconut oil, Raw Vegan Hazelnut Truffles were born. Sadly, most of them then lived a very short life because they were eaten right up in no time.
No-Bake Truffles, Ready In Minutes
The coconut oil in these truffles makes them so rich and creamy they melt in your mouth.
Other than the coconut oil, all you need to make these is:
raw cacao or cocoa powder
unsweetened shredded coconut
pure vanilla extract
fresh medjool dates
pure maple syrup
Hazelnuts and raw cacao powder make the classic hazelnut + chocolate combo while fresh, soft medjool dates hold it all together. Vanilla and pure maple syrup enhance the flavour for one amazing little to-die-for ball of goodness.
I mean, you could just put all those ingredients in bowl, dig in with a spoon and it would still taste amazing. Blend them up until they form delicious truffles? Now we’re getting serious.
Perfect Vegan Hazelnut Truffles
These little delights turned out just perfect! They’re not too sweet, they have a rich, nutty flavour and the texture is melt-in-your-mouth smooth with a little bit of crunch from the hazelnuts. They are also easy as pie to make!
You can whip these up in about 10 minutes, chill them in the freezer for about an hour and then just try not to eat more than one.Print
- 2/3 cup hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup raw cacao or cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 10 soft, fresh medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- coconut for rolling
- Add all ingredients to a high-powered blender or food processor.
- Blend on high until well mixed together but there are still small pieces of hazelnut.
- Remove from blender and place into a bowl.
- Roll into small balls.
- Roll in unsweetened coconut.
- Place in freezer for at least 60 minutes to firm. Enjoy straight from the freezer!
- Store in an air-tight container in the freezer.