No-Bake Hazelnut Truffles
These no-bake vegan hazelnut truffles have the most amazing, decadent texture but are made from simple ingredients like hazelnuts, coconut and dates.
- easy to make – prep time is about 10 minutes
- chocolate + hazelnut – who doesn’t love this classic combo?
- dietary needs – gluten-free, vegan, refined sugar-free
- Hazelnuts. Hazelnuts are typically a bit more expensive than other nuts so I’d reserve these for a special treat. They’re perfect for the holidays!
- Coconut oil. Coconut oil adds the decadent texture that’s firm but melts in your mouth. While I don’t usually use coconut oil in these types of recipes, this one really benefits from it.
- Raw cacao or cocoa powder. You can use raw cacao powder for the health benefits but regular cocoa powder will also do just fine.
- Unsweetened shredded coconut. The coconut adds a nice texture and goes really well with the hazelnuts and chocolate.
- Pure vanilla extract. This is optional but I like the flavour it adds.
- Fresh, soft dates. You can use any kind of date as long as it’s nice and soft. An almost gooey texture is perfect. If you only have dry dates, you can soak them in hot water for 10 minutes before using.
- Pure maple syrup. I used just a bit of maple syrup to bring the sweetness up a bit.
- Sea salt. Because chocolate and sea salt is my favourite. This is optional but I love it!
How to Make
Start by adding the hazelnuts to a food processor and pulsing a few times to break down into a grainy flour. If there are some large pieces left behind that’s ok.
Add the rest of the ingredients and process into a crumbly dough.
Use your hands to roll the mixture into 12 balls.
Try rolling the balls in shredded coconut or cocoa powder for an extra treat!
How to Store
- Fridge: Store in a sealed container for up to 2 weeks.
- Freezer: Store in a sealed container for up to 3 months.
Loving these tasty treats? You’ll love these too:
- Chocolate Cashew Coconut Balls
- Raw Vegan Gingerbread Bites
- Pecan Pie Energy Bites
- Tahini Cacao Fudge Balls
- Cacao Hazelnut Energy Balls
Did you make this recipe? Click here to leave a review!Print
- 1 cup hazelnuts (150 g)
- 1/4 cup raw cacao or cocoa powder (60 g)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut (25 g)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup very tightly packed, soft, fresh pitted dates (really smush them in there!) or 3/4 cup lightly packed (125 g)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- coconut or cocoa powder for rolling, optional
- Place the hazelnuts in a high-speed blender or food processor and pulse a few times until they’re mostly broken down.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until it forms a crumbly dough.
- Press the dough into 12 balls.
- Roll in coconut or cocoa powder, if desired.
- Place in freezer for at least 60 minutes to firm.
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 10 days or freezer for up to 3 months.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 147
- Fat: 10 g
- Carbohydrates: 13 g
- Protein: 3 g
Keywords: hazelnut truffles, no-bake, easy, holiday, chocolate, healthy