This vegan Tiramisu Smoothie is dangerously close to dessert but I say it’s still healthy enough to call breakfast. It’s made with coffee, frozen banana, vegan vanilla protein powder, pure vanilla extract, cacao, sea salt, cauliflower and coconut yogurt.
The Cookie Crumble
To make the cookie crumble, I added 2 tablespoons of oats, 2 tablespoons of walnuts, 3 small dates, a few drops of water and a pinch of sea salt to my blender and pulsed a few times until it resembled crumbly dough.
You can play around a with the amounts, use a different nut cashews or try it with coconut in place of the oats or walnuts. You’ll want to use soft, fresh dates otherwise it will be too crumbly. If your dates are dry, pour boiling water over them and let them soak for 10 minutes before draining and using.
Make it Ice Cream
If you want to make this a super thick, soft serve ice cream-like smoothie bowl, add everything to the blender except the coffee and start blending. If needed, slowly add a little coffee to get it to blend.
If it starts blended up without coffee, and it should with the yogurt in there, add some espresso powder or Four Sigmatic Mushroom Coffee for the coffee flavour.
Dairy-Free Yogurt Options
As for the dairy-free yogurt, you can use any homemade or store-bought plant-based yogurt. Coconut, cashew, almond and soy yogurt are all good choices.
My favourite is So Delicious but I can’t always find it in my area. They have an Unsweetened Vanilla Coconut Milk that would be perfect. The Dairy-Free Greek Yogurt from Daiya is also really good but I can’t always find it. They have Plain and Vanilla Bean and they’d both be perfect in this recipe. I really like the plain coconut yogurt from Yosu as well.
I find the Coconut Milk Yogurt from Silk to be quite runny without much flavour but I’ve still used it in this recipe. I’m in Canada and we don’t have quite as much selection as you do down in the US, so if you know of a good brand, do share in the comments!
This tiramisu smoothie is verging on dessert, I know, but it has cauliflower in it so that’s gotta count for something right?? Maybe we can sneak it by as a salad…maybe?
More Smoothie Recipes
Here are some more delicious smoothies you’ll love:
- Beet Orange Smoothie
- Strawberry Beet Smoothie Bowl
- Strawberry Raspberry Smoothie
- Mango Pineapple Smoothie
- Vanilla Coconut Cashew Latte Smoothie
For the Tiramisu Smoothie
- 1/2 cup brewed coffee, plus more as needed to adjust consistency
- 1 frozen banana (120 g)
- 3/4 cup non-dairy yogurt (175 g), plain or vanilla
- 3/4 cup (90 g) steamed then frozen cauliflower pieces
- 1 tbsp (8 g) cacao powder
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 serving (20 g) vegan vanilla protein powder
For the Cookie Crumble
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender and process until smooth and creamy.
- To make the cookie crumble, pulse the ingredients together a few times until it resembles crumbly dough. Sprinkle it over your smoothie and dig in!
Keywords: protein, high-protein, protein shake, plant-based