Running, Burpee and Thruster Workout
This running, burpee and thruster workout consists of 5 rounds of a 400 m run followed by 15 thrusters, 15 burpees and 1 minute of rest. It’s a pretty gross workout but you will love the feeling once you’re done!
Complete 5 rounds of the following “for time” (as fast as possible):
- 400 m (0.25 mile) run
- 15 barbell thrusters
- 15 burpees
- 1 minute rest
Time and Equipment Needed
- This workout should take less than 30 minutes. Make sure you are adequately warmed up before beginning.
- You will need a treadmill or 400 m outdoor running route.
- You will need a barbell and weight plates. See weight suggestions below.
- The run should be completed at a difficult pace but not a full-out sprint. It should be uncomfortable but you want to be able to get right into the thrusters as soon as you’re done.
- The run can be done on a treadmill or outside.
- For the thrusters, I would suggest 65 lbs for women and 95 lbs for men. Scale that weight to whatever will allow you to complete them in 1 set of 15, or 2-3 sets max. You should be able to move the bar quickly.
- If you don’t have a barbell, you can use two dumbbells or kettlebells for the thrusters.
- The thrusters should be completed in 1-2 sets, 3 at the most.
- The burpees should be at a steady, consistent pace, not a full out sprint but steadily for all 15 reps.
More Workouts to Try
Ready for more? Give these workouts a try too:
- Total Body Strength and Cardio Workout
- Strength and Conditioning Workout
- 32 Minute Skipping and Burpee EMOM
- 60-Minute EMOM Workout
- Keep it Steady Conditioning Workout
Check out all For Time Workouts here.