No-Equipment Strength Training Workout
This no-equipment strength training workout can be performed anytime, anywhere and is perfect for an at-home workout that targets the entire body. All you need is a wall and a chair, bench or low table.
Complete 2 rounds of the following:
- 30-seconds jumping jacks
- 30-seconds butt-kickers in place
- 30-seconds high plank
- 10 big arm circles
- 20 mountain climbers
- 10 cossack squats
- 10 burpees
Work through the following circuit for a total of 4 rounds. Move quickly between exercises then rest for 2-3 minutes between rounds.
- Wall Sit with Calf Raise x 30
- High Plank with Knee to Elbow x 12
- Reverse Lunge with Hip Lift (see note below) x 15 per leg
- Push-Up to Side Plank x 12
- Tricep Dips x 15
- Tuck Crunch x 20
- Superman Lift x 20
- Single-Leg Glute Bridge x 10 per side
- Click on the links above for exercise examples.
- For the reverse lunge with hip lift, perform the reverse lunge then stand and lift that same leg out to the side in a controlled manner before stepping back into your next rep.
- Tricep dips can be performed off a bench, box, coffee table or chair. If you have a dumbbell or kettlebell you can substitute kickbacks, lying tricep extensions or overhead tricep extensions.
Tabata Finisher Option
If you want to add a conditioning finisher to this workout try this quick Tabata. Work for 20 seconds, rest for 10 seconds and repeat for 4 minutes (8 rounds) alternating between:
- Jumping Jack Squats (Drop Squats)
- Jumping Lunges
For example, do 20 seconds of squat jacks, rest for 10 seconds then do 20 seconds of jumping lunges, rest for 10 seconds. Repeat for 4 minutes.