No-Bake Chocolate Chip Cookies
These no-bake chocolate cookies are delicious and easy to make with just a few wholesome ingredients.
Why You’ll Love this Recipe
- Easy to make with 5 ingredients.
- Customize with different nuts and add-ins.
- Perfect sweet & salty flavour!
- Can be made into balls, bars or cookie shapes.
- Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free and no added sugar (if you use sugar-free chocolate chips).
- Travel well for snacks and treats on the go.
- Almonds: Use raw almonds with no added salt or oil.
- Dates: You can use any kind of date as long as they’re soft and fairly moist.
- Chocolate Chips: Use any kind of chocolate chip you like. For vegan cookies, make sure you use something like Enjoy Life.
- Flavour: Vanilla and salt help to enhance the flavour.
- You can use any kind of nuts such as walnuts, pecans or peanuts.
- If your dates are overly dry or you’re not sure, soak them in hot water for 15 minutes then drain well before using in the recipe.
- For a lower-sugar or sugar-free, reduce the chocolate added or use dark chocolate or sugar-free chocolate chips like Lily’s.
- You can roll the dough into balls, press it into bars in a pan or shape it into cookies.
- For no-bake oatmeal cookies, add up to 1/2 cup rolled oats.
- Try adding up to 1/2 cup desiccated coconut.
- Raisins, cranberries and cacao nibs work in place of chocolate chips.
- Try dipping the cookies in melted chocolate, placing on a baking tray and firming in the fridge for an extra treat!
- For peanut butter cookies, use peanuts and add 1 tbsp peanut butter.
Can I use almond flour instead of almonds?
You can! If you’d like to use almond flour, start with 3/4 cup and blend with the dates to form a dough you can mold into cookie shapes. If needed, add a little more until you reach the right consistency.
Are these cookies gluten-free?
Absolutely! These cookies do not contain wheat though you may want to double check the brand of chocolate chips you use.
- These are best stored in the fridge or freezer.
- They will keep for 2 weeks in a sealed container in the fridge.
- Store for up to 3 months in the freezer. They can be enjoyed straight from the freezer.
- They’re ok at room temperature for a day or two but will get soft if it’s warm.
Did you try this recipe? I’d love to hear about it! Click here to leave a review.Print
You only need 5 simple ingredients to make these delicious no-bake chocolate cookies.
- Place the almonds in a food processor and mix until broken down.
- Add the dates, vanilla and salt and mix until it forms a thick dough.
- Add the chocolate chips and pulse a few times to combine.
- Roll the dough into approximately 13 balls, pressing each ball into a cookie shape or using a fork to press them down. Place in the freezer for an hour to set. Store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 10 days or freezer for up to 3 months.
These are awesome stored in the freezer but keep just fine in the fridge too. I added quite a lot of chocolate chips so feel free to reduce it to 1/4-1/3 cup if you’re watching your sugar and/or fat intake. You could also replace the chocolate chips with some chopped dark chocolate.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 209
- Fat: 10 g
- Carbohydrates: 29 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 4 g
Keywords: no-bake chocolate chip cookies, easy no-bake cookies