Carrot Oatmeal Coconut Cookies
So I might be on a bit of a cookie bender but I figure these carrot oatmeal coconut cookies are healthy enough that they barely classify as dessert. Right? Ya, that’s what I thought. So, it’s all good…bring on the cookies.
Healthy Coconut Carrot Cake Oatmeal Cookies
Let’s see what these little healthy treats are all about, aside from being totally delicious and a little addictive.
Sounds great, right? They totally are!
Carrot Oatmeal Coconut CookiesPrint
- 3/4 cup (60 g) ground quick oats
- 1 cup (80 g) quick oats
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 5 tbsp (30 g) unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tsp (6 g) stevia
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp (7 g) ground flax + 3 tbsp water)
- 1 ripe banana (150 g), mashed
- 2 tbsp (30 g) applesauce
- 1 medium carrot (65 g), grated
- optional: mix in raisins, walnuts or chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix your flax egg and set aside.
- Place the 3/4 cup of quick oats in a food processor or blender and grind into oat flour.
- Add the ground oats and the rest of the dry ingredients to a bowl and stir to combine.
- Add in the flax egg, mashed banana, applesauce and grated carrot and mix well.
- Roll into 10 balls and place on a baking tray.
- Press the ball down to form cookie shapes.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- These can be stored at room temperature or in the fridge.
Keywords: healthy, plant-based, gluten-free, oil-free, refined sugar-free
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 97
- Sugar: 3
- Fat: 3
- Carbohydrates: 16
- Fiber: 2.5
- Protein: 2