So, I’ve kinda been going back to basics with snacks lately.
I was trying to think up all these different, crazy snack recipes, adding in this ingredient or that but then I thought how when I look for new recipes to try, I usually go straight for the one with the shortest ingredient list!
So here we are. Back to 3 ingredients, plus salt and vanilla. I was thinking of adding oats and almond butter but why not keep it super simple if they already taste amazing?
There are probably a million recipes, if you can even call it that, very similar to this one, but raw date balls will always be one of my favourite treats to keep on hand, so here’s another super simple, super tasty treat to add to your collection.
Enjoy this quick and healthy alternative to a peanut butter chocolate chip cookie! I love these stored in the freezer, the chocolate chips get extra crunchy but the dates and almonds stay soft and gooey. Give it a try!
- 1½ cup raw almonds
- 15 fresh medjool dates
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp coarse sea salt
- ½ cup dairy-free chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life Brand)
- Place the almonds in a food processor and mix until broken down.
- Add the dates, vanilla and salt and mix until it forms a dough.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in the chocolate chips.
- Roll the dough into approximately 14 balls, pressing each down with a wet fork. Place in the freezer for 20 minutes to set.