Leg Strength Cardio Workout
This leg strength and cardio workout is all about building endurance in the legs and glutes! All you need for this workout is a box or bench and somewhere to run.
Love cardio and bodyweight workouts? Then this workout is for you! This workout is perfect for travelling since all you need is a box or bench and a place to run. You’ll be alternating between cardio and a lower body bodyweight exercise.
The goal is to move through this entire workout with little rest. Just try to keep moving. Here’s how it looks:
Complete 3 Rounds:
- 400 m (0.25 mile) run
- 50 steps up
- 400 m run
- 50 walking lunges
- 400 m run
- 50 air squats
- If you don’t have space for walking lunges, do reverse lunges.
- The 400 m runs should be done at a moderate pace. The pace should feel a bit uncomfortable but something you could maintain for a while.
- Use an approximately 20 inch bench or box for the step ups. Complete 50 in total, 25 per leg. Alternate legs whenever you want.
- Not ready for 3 rounds? Try just 1 or 2!
- The workout can also be scaled by reducing the reps of step ups, lunges and squats to 20-30.
More Leg Workouts
- All Legs Conditioning Workout
- Legs and Hills Workout
- Lower-Body Circuit Workout
- Leg and Core Strength Workout
- Leg and Core Superset Workout
Pin for Later!
To save this workout for later, don’t forget to Pin the image below!
36min14sec ! It was very nice 🙂 thank you
Thank you, not only I’m improving as a cook thanks to you, now I can get some nice workout tips as well! This is just awesome. I’d definitely add a few important points in the guide in case someone is brand-new such as the importance of a good warm-up before starting exercising and running and another crucial part is stretching! To all of the beautiful people out there reading this – don’t forget stretching! Preferably after you run your mileage – get yourself in a nice place and do a good 5-10 minutes, you’ll love the feel, I promise. We do running competitions at my job at so I have some decent experience and (at least a little) credibility, haha!
This is my first time coming to your site and I just want to thank you for your awesome content. This is the first time I’ve ever been to a website that gives me all the information I need on my health. I do CrossFit already and I am looking to move my diet to a vegan diet and I am loving everything on your website. Thank you so much!!
So glad you’re enjoying everything! Thanks for the comment!