Leg Strength Cardio Workout
This leg strength and cardio workout is all about building endurance in the legs and glutes! All you need for this workout is a box or bench and somewhere to run.
Love cardio and bodyweight workouts? Then this workout is for you! This workout is perfect for travelling since all you need is a box or bench and a place to run. You’ll be alternating between cardio and a lower body bodyweight exercise.
The goal is to move through this entire workout with little rest. Just try to keep moving. Here’s how it looks:
Complete 3 Rounds:
- 400 m (0.25 mile) run
- 50 steps up
- 400 m run
- 50 walking lunges
- 400 m run
- 50 air squats
- If you don’t have space for walking lunges, do reverse lunges.
- The 400 m runs should be done at a moderate pace. The pace should feel a bit uncomfortable but something you could maintain for a while.
- Use an approximately 20 inch bench or box for the step ups. Complete 50 in total, 25 per leg. Alternate legs whenever you want.
- Not ready for 3 rounds? Try just 1 or 2!
- The workout can also be scaled by reducing the reps of step ups, lunges and squats to 20-30.
More Leg Workouts
- All Legs Conditioning Workout
- Legs and Hills Workout
- Lower-Body Circuit Workout
- Leg and Core Strength Workout
- Leg and Core Superset Workout
Pin for Later!
To save this workout for later, don’t forget to Pin the image below!