For the Buffalo Chickpeas
- 1 19 oz can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained (or approx. 2 cups or 360 grams cooked chickpeas)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp buffalo sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- pinch of black pepper
For the Vegan Ranch Dressing
- 1/2 package (150 g) of soft tofu (see notes for substitution)
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- optional: 2 tbsp of fresh chopped dill, chives or parsley
For the Stuffed Sweet Potato
- 1 small, whole baked sweet potato per person
- 1/4 of an avocado per person
- chopped green onion, for topping
- optional: fresh spinach, for serving
To Make the Buffalo Chickpeas
- Place the rinsed and drained chickpeas in a bowl and mix with 1/3 cup buffalo sauce, the olive, oil, salt and pepper.
- Cook in a pan until they start to thicken and almost caramelize. This should take about 10 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally. As you stir, mash some of them up to create some texture.
- Once they’re done, mix in the extra 1 tbsp of buffalo sauce.
To Make the Vegan Ranch Dressing
- Add all ingredients (except the herbs, if you’re using) to a food processor or high-speed blender, or use an immersion blender and mix until smooth and creamy. I like using the single-server portion of my Ninja Blender for this.
- Add additional water if desired to adjust the consistency.
- If you’re adding fresh dill or parsley, stir them in once it’s blended.
To Assemble the Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- If using, add a handful of fresh spinach to a bowl or plate and place the baked sweet potato on top. Cut the sweet potato in half and open it up a bit so you can add the rest of the ingredients.
- Add a scoop of chickpeas, sliced avocado, chopped green onion and a drizzle of the vegan ranch dressing.
- I haven’t tried making the chickpeas without the olive oil but if you prefer, I think it would be okay to leave it out.
- As an alternative to soft tofu, you can use raw cashews to make the vegan ranch dressing. Use 1/3 cup raw cashews blender with 2 tbsp of water to replace the 1/2 a package of tofu. The rest of the ingredients can stay the same except you may need to adjust the water a bit to reach the right consistency. For best results and the smoothest dressing, soak the cashews for at least a few hours and drain before using.
Keywords: plant-based, vegetarian, easy, healthy