These delicious chocolate-covered PB balls taste like Reese’s Peanut Butter cups. These are very easy to make and are always a hit with everyone who tries them. If you can’t do peanut butter, go ahead and use almond butter or another nut or seed butter of choice.
For the Peanut Butter Filling
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
For the Chocolate Coating
- 4 oz vegan dark chocolate or dairy-free chocolate chips
- Vigorously mix together everything except the chocolate in a large bowl for about 60 seconds. It should begin to thicken up a little.
- Place the bowl in the freezer until it firms up enough to roll into balls. Approximately 20 minutes.
- Once it’s ready, roll the peanut butter mixture into 18-20 approximately 1.5 inch balls and place back in the freezer.
- Melt the dark chocolate or chocolate chips in a double boiler or bowl placed over a pot of boiling water.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or wax paper.
- Once the chocolate is totally melted, roll each peanut butter ball in the melted chocolate using a fork or toothpick until it’s completely covered.
- Tap any excess chocolate off on the side of the bowl before placing on the cookie sheet.
- Once you’ve covered them all, place in the freezer to set for at least 30 minutes.
- They will melt at room temperature, so store in the fridge or freezer until you’re ready to eat.
Keywords: vegan peanut butter balls