- Pre-heat a pan over medium heat.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Slowly add the water until you have a thick but scoopable pancake batter.
- Scoop the batter into a pan (use a little cooking spray) to make 3-4 pancakes. Cook for a few minutes until starting they look dry around the edges and are starting to bubble, flip and cook for another another minute.
- Add your favourite toppings and enjoy.
Sweetening options: For sugar-free pancakes, use about 15 drops liquid organic stevia, approximately 1 tsp stevia powder or 1-2 tbsp monk fruit sweetener. To make them refined sugar-free, use coconut sugar or pure maple syrup, start with 1 tbsp and add up to 2 tbsp, to taste. Cane sugar and other refined sugars work as well, it’s your choice.
Nutritional information is if you make these with stevia. If you use maple syrup or coconut sugar, the carbohydrates and calories will be slightly higher.
You can adjust this recipe to however many servings you want by using more or less chickpea flour and water. You can also adjust the thickness of the pancakes. I like them quite thick, so I don’t use much water. For thinner pancakes, to stretch the batter further, or to make crepes, use more water to create a thinner batter.
This recipe only serves 1 so feel free to double or triple it as needed.
Use unrefined sea salt for best flavor and nutrition. Do not use table salt.
For best results, use a kitchen scale to weigh the chickpea flour. It should be 80 grams, however, I make this recipe often with just 60 grams as well, so as long as it’s between 60-80 grams you should be good.
Keywords: oil-free, sugar-free, dairy-free, egg-free, banana-free, easy, quick