- 2 cups raw cashews (250 g), soaked and drained
- 1 ⅓ cup unsweetened plant-based milk (250 mL)
- ½ cup buffalo sauce
- ⅛ cup nutritional yeast (15 g)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (30 g)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- ½ –1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 3 ½ cups chopped canned artichoke hearts (approx. 1 14 ounce can in water, 400 g)
- thinly sliced scallions for serving, optional
- Soak the cashews in a bowl of water for 8 hours up to overnight or pour boiling water over them and soak for at least 1 hour.
- When you’re ready to make the recipe, preheat the oven to 200 C/400 F.
- Add the soaked and drained cashews and everything except for the artichoke hearts to a high-speed blender and blend until very smooth and creamy.
- Add the chopped artichoke hearts and pulse a few times until you get a chunky but creamy texture.
- Taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning to your preference, if needed. You can add a bit more salt, more buffalo sauce or more lemon juice to adjust the flavour.
- Transfer the mixture to an approximately 8 x 6 inch baking dish and bake for 15-20 minutes uncovered until golden brown on top.
- Serve hot with tortilla chips, pita and/or chopped veggies and topped with a sprinkle of thinly sliced scallions, if desired.
Dip can be made up to 2 days in advance, wrapped or covered and stored in the fridge before baking. After baking, the dip will keep for 3-4 days in the fridge and can be reheated in the oven until heated through.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 173
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 558 mg
- Fat: 11 g
- Carbohydrates: 14 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 7 g
Keywords: vegan buffalo dip, vegan buffalo chicken dip