These decadent tahini caramel cups are sure to be your new favourite treat. They’re easy to make with just a few ingredients and have the most amazing taste and melt-in-your-mouth texture.
- Soak the pitted dates in hot water for 15 minutes then drain well nd set aside.
- White they dates are soaking, gently mix the melted coconut oil, tahini and maple syrup (if using) together in a bowl until smooth and creamy.
- Prepare 9 muffin liners or silicone baking cups and add 1 tbsp of the mixture into each one. Place them in the freezer to harden. They should take about 10 minutes to harden completely.
- In a food processor, blend the soaked dates with the sea salt until smooth and creamy like a thick paste. You may need to stop a few times to scrape down the sides.
- Pull the hardened cups from the freezer and divide the date mixture by spoonfuls into each one. Evenly spoon the remaining tahini mixture onto each one. Spreading around a little so they’re somewhat flat.
- Place back in the freezer until hardened, about 20-30 minutes.
- Store in the freezer in a sealed container for up to 2 months and enjoy anytime.
For treats like these, I use silicone baking cups. I find they work better than paper liners and they last forever!
Adapted from Rawsome Vegan Baking by Emily Von Euw.
Keywords: tahini cups, caramel tahini cups, no-bake tahini recipe