- 1–4 red peppers
- Wash the peppers and cut in half from the stem down. Remove the seeds and discard.
- Smash the peppers so they lay flat and place on a roasting pan in a single layer.
- Arrange an oven rack in the top third of the oven just so it’s not too close to the top. Turn the oven on to “Broil”.
- Place the peppers in the oven and broil for 12-16 minutes until the skins are almost completely blackened.
- Remove from the oven and let cool enough to handle.
- Peel the blackened skins off and discard.
- Enjoy the peppers right away, use in a recipe or store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
This recipe works for yellow, orange and green bell peppers as well as jalapeños, serrano peppers or any other kind of pepper.
Keywords: bell pepper, roasting, homemade, easy, oil-free, healthy