- 1 ½ cups packed, pitted dates (350 g)
- ⅓ cup raw cacoa powder or cocoa powder (35 g)
- 1/2 cup whole chia seeds (75 g)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (45 g)
- 1 cup raw walnut pieces (125 g)
- 1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate (70 g)
- 1/2 cup oats (50 g)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract, optional, enhances flavour
- 1/4 tsp unrefined sea salt, optional, enhances flavour
- Place dates in blender or food processor and purée until they form a thick paste forms.
- Add the walnuts and mix to combine.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until it forms a thick dough.
- Line a square baking pan with parchment paper. Firmly press the mixture into the pan, pressing tightly into all corners.
- Place in the freezer for at least a few hours up to overnight.
- Lift out of the pan and cut into 14 bars.
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge or freezer.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 234 calories
- Sugar: 17 g
- Fat: 12 g
- Carbohydrates: 28 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Protein: 4.5 g
Keywords: chia seed bars, plant-based, no-bake, homemade, healthy, easy