- 2 cups (350 g) cooked chickpeas
- 1/2 (150 g) red onion, finely diced
- 1 (200 g) zucchini, grated
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest, optional for extra lemon flavour
- 3 tbsp (45 g) tahini
- 1 cup (100 g) quick oats
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp Frank’s Red Hot Sauce (optional)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Place the chickpeas in a bowl and mash with a fork. It’s okay if some whole chickpeas are left but it should be mostly mashed up. It can be chunky though.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Use your hands to form the mixture into 9 patties.
- Lightly spray a good non-stick skillet with cooking oil and heat pan over medium heat. Cook the burgers for approximately 10 minutes per side until crisped and firm.
If you stick to the weighed measurements as above, the mixture should be perfect for forming patties. If you find it’s a bit too wet though, simply add more quick oats, 1 tbsp at at time until you can form patties. You can also make them bigger if you want!
Keywords: healthy, gluten-free, easy, hand-held
- Serving Size: 1 burger
- Calories: 143
- Fat: 5
- Carbohydrates: 20
- Protein: 6