- 3 fresh roma tomatoes, finely diced (approx. 2.5–3 cups diced)
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 8–10 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 2–3 green onions, finely chopped or 2 tbsp minced red onion
- 1 tbsp vegan parmesan or nutritional yeast, plus more for topping
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 baguette, sliced diagonally into approximately 1/2 inch slices
- Dice the tomato, removing the watery parts with the seeds. You don’t have to get all the watery bits and seeds out but remove a fair amount of it so the mixture doesn’t become soggy. See photos in blog post for example.
- Mix everything except the salt (and baguette) together in a mixing bowl. Place in the fridge for 1 hour. If you don’t have time to let it marinate, you can skip that step or even just let it sit for 5-10 minutes.
- When ready to serve, lightly toast the baguette slices on a baking tray in the oven at 350 degrees F for 5-10 minutes. Watch closely so as not to burn. They should be lightly browned.
- Toss the tomato mixture with the sea salt, then top the toasted baguette slices with the tomato mixture and serve right away topped with a little more chopped fresh basil and a sprinkle of fresh-cracked black pepper, if desired.
For more flavour and the most perfectly toasted baguette, lightly brush sliced bread with olive oil before toasting. I don’t usually do this but it does add a nice touch!
- Serving Size: 2 pieces
- Calories: 133
- Sugar: 2.6 g
- Sodium: 277.8 mg
- Fat: 3.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 21.2 g
- Fiber: 1.6 g
- Protein: 2.6 g
Keywords: healthy bruschetta, easy bruschetta recipe, quick bruschetta