- 1 tbsp (7 g) raw cacao powder
- 2 tbsp (20 g) cacao nibs
- 1 (120 g) medium frozen banana
- 1/4 of an avocado (30 g)
- 1/2 cup (60 g) lightly steamed then frozen cauliflower pieces
- 1/2 serving (20 g) Vega Performance Protein in Vanilla
- 1 tbsp (15 g) almond butter
- 2 small or 1 large (20 g) pitted date (can be omitted to reduce sugar)
- 1 cup liquid of choice, either plant-based milk, water or coconut water
- 1 tsp maca (optional, for added health benefits)
- 1 tsp cinnamon (optional, for flavour)
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp unrefined sea salt (optional, enhances flavour)
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy. If you want you want to try a chocolate chip avocado smoothie, leave the cacao nibs out until the end and then pulse a few times to combine, or you can just stir them in.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy.
- To reduce the sugar in this smoothie, omit the dates and use less banana and more cauliflower.
- See notes in post for substitutions.