Cheesy broccoli potato soup made with just a handful of simple vegan ingredients. This soup is healthy, tasty, great for meal prep and so easy to make.
- 1 medium white or yellow onion, diced (approx. 3 cups, 350 g)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 medium carrots, peeled and chopped (approx. 4 cups, 450 g)
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed (approx. 4 cups, 450 g)
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast (30 g)
- 4 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 tsp each sea salt and black pepper, or more to taste
- Add the minced garlic, chopped onion and a splash of water or broth to a soup pot and cook over medium heat for 5-6 minutes until softened and fragrant.
- Add the chopped carrots and potatoes. Stir and cook for a few more minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth and simmer until the potatoes and carrots can be peirced with a fork, about 15-20 minutes.
- Transfer the soup to a blender (or leave about 1/3 behind for a chunky soup), add the nutritional yeast and mix until smooth and creamy. Once blended, add it back to the pot.
- Stir in the broccoli and cook for about 5 more minutes until the broccoli is cooked al dente.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve right away. Leftovers can be stored in the fridge in a sealed container for up to 5 days.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 172
- Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 35 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Protein: 8 g
Keywords: broccoli potato soup, vegan potato broccoli soup