Soft and chewy carrot cake oatmeal cookies with no eggs or dairy needed! These yummy treats are lower in added sugar and butter for a healthier option.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Using an electric hand mixer, combine the vegan butter, almond butter, and brown sugar together in a medium sized mixing bowl until smooth and homogenous.
- Add the baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, flour, and oats to the mixing bowl. Use the hand mixer whisk in the dry ingredients until they are fully incorporated into the mixture. Scrape along the bottom of your mixing bowl to ensure no pockets of flour or oats remain.
- Gently fold in the grated carrots until they are evenly distributed throughout the dough. The cookie dough may seem crumbly after combining the ingredients but will form solid balls just fine.
- Form balls of dough about 1 ½ inches in diameter and press them between your hands to form a disc. Bake the cookies for 10 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool for 5-10 minutes before removing them from the tray.
- Serve and enjoy!
Being a healthier option, the cookies are not very sweet as is. If you like some extra sweetness in your cookies, add 1-2 tablespoon of pure maple syrup to the cookie batter during step #2.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 102
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 36 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Carbohydrates: 15 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 3 g
Keywords: healthy carrot cake cookies, vegan carrot cake cookies