For the Brown Rice Salad
- 1 1/3 cup uncooked brown rice (120 g)
- 3 cups packed, finely chopped de-stemmed kale (1 large bunch)
- 1 cup diced cucumber (1/2 a cucumber)
- 1 heaping cup peeled and grated carrot (2 carrots)
- 2 cups broccoli florets (1 large crown broccoli), lightly steamed
- 1 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1 diced red pepper
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste (I used about 1/2 tsp each)
- squeeze of fresh lime juice
- a few tbsp chopped cashews or peanuts per serving
For the Peanut Sauce
- Make the Rice. Cook the brown rice according to package directions. When the rice is close to being done, mix in the finely chopped kale and let it sit for few minutes. Make sure you use a pot that’s large enough to allow you to mix the kale in. Alternatively, if you already have cooked rice, you can just mix the kale in with the rest of the veggies. Mixing it with the hot rice just allows the kale to soften up.
- Prepare the Veggies. Chop up all the veggies and cilantro and add to a bowl.
- Blend the Sauce. Make the peanut sauce by blending all ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- Mix the Rice and Veg. Once the rice is cooked and you’ve mixed in the kale, add it to the bowl with the rest of the veggies. Season with salt and pepper. Spritz with a bit of fresh lime juice, if desired. Mix well.
- Serve. Portion out into bowls or containers and top each serving with the peanut sauce and chopped cashews. Alternatively you can add everything to the large bowl and mix with the sauce before serving. Top with additional fresh cilantro and lime if desired.
Keywords: easy, peanut sauce, healthy, vegetarian, asian, chopped
- Serving Size: 1/4th of recipe
- Calories: 384
- Fat: 17 g
- Carbohydrates: 48 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 13 g