For the Salad (per salad)
- 2 handfuls of mixed salad greens, arugula or spinach
- 1/2 cup peeled and grated carrot
- 1/2 cup peeled and grated beet (1 small beet)
- 1/2 cup red cabbage, very finely chopped (use a mandolin if you have one)
- 1/4 cup walnut pieces
- 1/4 cup raisins, finely chopped dates or cranberries
For the Dressing
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar (sub apple cider, red wine or white wine vinegar)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (omit if desired)
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp each sea salt and black pepper
- Add all the dressing ingredients to a container and whisk or shake vigorously.
- Place all the salad ingredients in a bowl.
- Drizzle with desired amount of dressing and enjoy.
Dressing makes enough for 3 salads. Adjust the salad ingredients accordingly for how many you’re serving, they don’t have to be exact.
For a lower-calorie salad, use less walnuts and raisins.
Keywords: raw beet walnut salad, beet salad, healthy, easy, summer, spring, plant-based, vegetarian