- tempeh strips (2 pieces per taco)
- corn tortillas
- refried beans (or any beans of choice)
- grated carrot
- shredded lettuce
- fresh lime juice
- To make the tempeh, lay the strips in a non-stick pan and “dry-fry” over medium-high heat until browned and crispy.
- Heat the tortillas in the oven, microwave or stovetop in a pan.
- To make the tacos, start by spreading some refried beans over each tortilla then smashing the avocado over that (better avocado distribution…yum), then top with salsa, grated carrot, lettuce. 2 strips of tempeh )per taco), cilantro and lime.
Nutrition facts are estimated per taco and include 2 thin strips of tempeh, 1 corn tortilla, 1/4 of an avocado, 2 tbsp black beans and 1 tbsp each cilantro, salsa.
Keywords: tempeh tacos