Enjoy this vegan version of the Southern classic, sweet potato pie! You’ll love velvety texture and spiced flavour and no one will ever guess it’s eggless and dairy-free.
- Bake Sweet Potatoes: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and poke a few holes in the op of each potato with a fork. Bake the potatoes for 1 hour. Exact baking time may vary based on the size of the sweet potatoes. Once they’re easily pierced right through with a fork.
- Peel Sweet Potatoes: Remove the potatoes from the oven and reduce the heat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Peel the skin off the sweet potatoes. The skin should come off easily. You can run them under cold water while peeling to help the process.
- Blend Sweet Potatoes: Place the potatoes in a high-speed blender or food processor and pulse until you have a smooth sweet potato puree with no chunks.
- Blend Pie Filling: Add everything but the pie crust to the blender and pulse again until the mixture is completely smooth and creamy.
- Bake Pie: Pour the pie filling into the pie crust in a pie dish or tart pan and bake for 1 hour.
- Serve or Chill: Cool for 10 minutes then serve the pie immediately with whipped cream or ice cream, or for a chilled sweet potato pie, allow it to chill in the fridge for 2 hours and enjoy!
White sugar may be substitute with light brown sugar or coconut sugar. If you use coconut sugar, note the pie will be darker in colour and have a caramel-like flavour.
Sweet potatoes can be baked 1-2 days in advance.
Cover and store leftover pie in the fridge for up to 5 days or wrap well and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge or at room temperature before serving.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 404
- Sugar: 17 g
- Sodium: 310 mg
- Fat: 14 g
- Carbohydrates: 52 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 4 g
Keywords: vegan sweet potato pie, eggless sweet potato pie