This healthy vegan baked stuffed apples are easy to make for a stunning dessert reminiscent of apple pie!
For the Stuffed Apples:
- 4–6 apples, depending on size
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (55 g)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries or raisins (30 g)
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (50 g)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted (30 g)
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar or brown sugar (38 g)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg, optional
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger, optional
- drizzle of maple syrup, optional
- dairy-free whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 F/180 C.
- Cut the top off of 4 apples making a level cut. Set the tops aside, they can be discarded or diced for another use.
- Core the apples with a spoon or knife and then scrape the cavity to create a hollow space for the filling. Place the apples in a baking dish.
- Add the the oats, dried cranberries or raisins, nuts, coconut oil, sugar and cinnamon and optional spices to a bowl and mix well to combine.
- Spoon the mixture into the cavity of each apple, filling each completely. If you have extra filling, you can prepare 1-2 more apples.
- Add about 1/2 inch of water to the bottom of the baking dish.
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes, or until the filling turn golden brown and the apples are soft and tender.
- Remove them from the oven, cool in the dish for 10 minutes then serve with maple syrup and/or vegan whipped cream or vanilla ice cream of choice.
Leftover apples can be stored in the fridge in a sealed container for up to 3 days. Reheat as needed in the microwave or oven at 350 F until heated through. They can also be enjoyed or sliced up and served over oatmeal or yogurt.
- Serving Size: 1 apple
- Calories: 262
- Sugar: 35 g
- Sodium: 9 mg
- Fat: 13 g
- Carbohydrates: 50 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Protein: 3 g
Keywords: stuffed apples, vegan stuffed apples