- ½ cup pumpkin puree (110 g)
- ½ cup plant-based milk of choice (120 ml)
- 2–3 tablespoons maple syrup, to taste (30–45 g)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, optional
- 1 ⅓ cup all-purpose flour (170 g)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (15 ml)
- 2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Whisk together the milk, maple syrup, vinegar and pumpkin (and vanilla, if using) in a mixing bowl until fully combined.
- Add the the rest of the ingredients and fold together until all the flour is wetted. Once the flour is incorporated, stop mixing to avoid over mixing the batter.
- Let the batter rest while you heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Scoop about 1/4 cup of batter per pancake into the preheated pan.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes or until the edges are starting to brown and appear firm and dry.
- Flip and cook for another 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Repeat until you’ve used all the batter.
- Serve immediately. For a special breakfast, serve with maple syrup, vegan whipped cream and pumpkin seeds.
The recipe makes a generous portion for 2 people. Nutrition facts are for 1/2 of the entire recipe. If you prefer to make 3 servings, each serving is 260 calories with 1F/56C/7P.
- Serving Size: 1/2 of recipe
- Calories: 390
- Sodium: 370 mg
- Fat: 1.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 83 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 10 g
Keywords: vegan pumpkin pancakes