- Add the milk to a high-speed blender.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and slowly start blending. Increase speed, blending until completely smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy.
- To reduce the calories and fat in this smoothie, use peanut butter powder (up to 4 tbsp) instead of peanut butter.
- To increase calories for weight gain, add an additional 1-2 tbsp of peanut butter, half a frozen banana and additional milk as needed to reach your desired consistency.
- For a thick ice cream-like smoothie bowl, use just 1/2 cup of almond milk. Blend on low, using a tamper as needed until you have a thick, creamy consistency. Scoop into a bowl, add toppings and enjoy!
- Review post above for various substitutions, add-ins and options for making it without protein powder or banana.
- The turmeric adds colour and a very mild spiced flavour. It’s totally optional but was included in the original recipe. Some people love it but it’s not for everyone! If you want to try it, start with 1/4 tsp and increase if desired.
Keywords: peanut butter protein shake, vegan peanut butter smoothie