- Mix the chickpea flour, salt, baking powder and spices together in a bowl.
- Add the water and grated carrot and gently fold together. The batter will be thick and almost “foamy” as the baking powder reacts.
- Heat a non-stick skillet or pancake grill to medium-high heat while you let the batter rest for 5 minutes.
- Use non-stick cooking spray if needed, scoop the batter onto the pan to create 5-6 pancakes. Allow to cook until the edges look dry and each pancake starts to show some bubbles. Flip and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve topped with maple syrup, cashew frosting, pineapple, walnuts and toasted coconut flakes or shredded coconut.
- Use exactly 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp water for thick, fluffy pancakes or more for thinner, crepe-style pancakes.
- You can make these protein pancakes by adding 1 scoop of vegan vanilla protein powder and increasing the water to 1/2 cup.
Keywords: chickpea pancakes, carrot cake pancakes, carrot pancakes, gluten-free vegan pancakes, easy, healthy