Love carrot cake? You will love these healthy, fluffy and delicious carrot cake pancakes made with nutritious chickpea flour!
- Mix the chickpea flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon and ginger together in a bowl using a fork or whisk until everything is well combined and any lumps of flour have been broken up. If you’re using a dry sweetener, you can mix that in now as well.
- Add the water, grated carrot and liquid sweetener if you didn’t add a dry one, and mix well to incorporate. The batter will be thick and almost “foamy” as the baking powder reacts.
- Heat a non-stick skillet or pancake griddle to medium heat while you let the batter rest for 5-6 minutes.
- Use a light coating of non-stick cooking spray in the pan if needed, then scoop roughly 1/4 cup portions of the batter into the pan.
- Cook each pancake until the edges look dry and firm and bubbles appear in the batter, about 4-5 minutes.
- Flip the pancakes and cook for another 30 seconds to 1 minute. Repeat until you’ve used all the batter.
- Serve topped with maple syrup, cashew frosting or whipped cream, pineapple, walnuts, raisins and toasted coconut flakes or shredded coconut.
Sugar can be substituted with stevia or monk fruit sweetener for sugar-free pancakes.
Use exactly 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp water for thick, fluffy pancakes or more for thinner pancakes or crepes.
You can make these protein pancakes by adding 1 scoop of vegan vanilla protein powder and increasing the water to 1/2 cup or a bit more depending on the protein used.
The recipe serves one (or 2 kids) but can easily be doubled or tripled for a bigger batch. Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days in sealed container or frozen for 3 months in a freezer bag.
- Serving Size: 1 batch
- Calories: 214
- Sugar: 7 g
- Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 40 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Protein: 11 g
Keywords: healthy carrot cake pancakes, vegan carrot pancakes