- Mix the chickpea flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon and ginger together in a bowl until everything is well combined. If you’re using a dry sweetener, you can mix that in now as well.
- Add the water, grated carrot and sweetener if you didn’t add it already and gently fold together to incorporate. The batter will be thick and almost “foamy” as the baking powder reacts.
- Heat a non-stick skillet or pancake griddle to medium-high heat while you let the batter rest for 5 minutes.
- Using non-stick cooking spray in the pan, if needed, then scoop the batter onto the pan to create 5-6 pancakes. Allow to cook until the edges look dry and firm and bubbles appear in the batter.
- Flip the pancakes and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Serve topped with maple syrup, cashew frosting, pineapple, walnuts and toasted coconut flakes or shredded coconut.
Sugar can be substituted with stevia or monk fruit sweetener for sugar-free pancakes.
Use exactly 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp water for thick, fluffy pancakes or more for thinner, crepe-style pancakes.
You can make these protein pancakes by adding 1 scoop of vegan vanilla protein powder and increasing the water to 1/2 cup.
The recipe serves one (or 2 kids) but can easily be doubled or tripled for a bigger batch.
- Serving Size: 1 batch
- Calories: 214
- Sugar: 7 g
- Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 40 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Protein: 11 g
Keywords: healthy carrot cake pancakes, vegan carrot pancakes