- Mix the Batter: Add all of the ingredients to a large mixing bowl and whisk together until well combined and any clumps have been broken up. The batter should be pourable but not watery. If it is too thin, add a bit more flour, if it is too thick, add a bit more water
- Heat the Pan: Heat a small non-stick pan or crepe pan over medium heat and grease with a small amount of oil or use some non-stick cooking spray. Depending on your pan, you may not need any oil or cooking spray.
- Add Batter to Pan: Once the pan is hot pour ¼ cup of the batter and rotate the pan to spread the batter in one even layer in the pan.
- Cook Crepes: Let cook until the top appears bubbly and the edges of the crepe are dry. Then carefully flip and cook for 1-2 minutes more on the other side.
- Repeat: Repeat until you’ve used up all the batter.
- Serve: Serve with your favourite crepe fillings like fresh fruit, whipped cream, chocolate, syrup or caramel sauce.
For savory crepes, omit the sweetener and serve with savory fillings like roasted or sautéed vegetables, avocado, salsa, tofu scramble or lentils. Fresh herbs and spices and finely chopped bell pepper, scallion or grated carrot can be mixed into the batter.
Leftover crepes can be stored in a sealed container for up to 5 days in the fridge. Enjoy cold or reheat in a pan or briefly in the microwave.
- Serving Size: half of recipe
- Calories: 259
- Sugar: 14 g
- Sodium: 340 mg
- Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 56 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 8 g
Keywords: buckwheat crepes, vegan buckwheat crepes