This simple, vegan broccoli salad is a healthy twist on classic broccoli salad. It’s creamy, crunchy, sweet, and tangy, and perfect for potlucks. Try the classic mayo dressing or use soft tofu for an oil-free alternative.
For the Broccoli Salad
- 8 cups broccoli chopped into small florets (500 g)
- 1 cup dried cranberries (150 g)
- 1 cup diced red onion or shallot (140 g)
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds or chopped or slivered almonds (70 g)
For the Dressing
- 2/3 cup vegan mayonnaise (150 g)
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar (45 mL)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (30 g)
- 2 cloves garlic, grated or crushed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pinch of pepper
- Prepare Salad: Add the salad ingredients to a large mixing bowl.
- Mix Dressing: Add the dressing ingredients to a bowl or container and whisk until completely smooth and creamy.
- Mix Salad: Add the dressing to the salad and mix well to coat all the broccoli and distribute the rest of the ingredients.
- Marinate: Refrigerate the salad for at least 1 hour to marinate.
- Serve and enjoy!
No Mayo Dressing: Originally this recipe was made with tofu as follows: 300 g package of soft tofu, 4 cloves garlic, 3 tbsp white wine vinegar, 2-3 tbsp maple syrup or sweeten to taste with stevia, a pinch of salt. Blend until smooth. Updated July 2022 to the mayo-based dressing.
Can be made up to 24 hours in advance. Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days in a sealed container.
See the post above for substitutions for cranberries, sunflower seeds, etc. as well as additions and variations of this recipe.
- Serving Size: 1/6th of recipe
- Calories: 280
- Sugar: 21 g
- Sodium: 412 mg
- Fat: 15 g
- Carbohydrates: 35 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 6 g
Keywords: vegan broccoli salad, vegan broccoli salad with cranberries