This anti-inflammatory turmeric smoothie is packed with nutrition, high in protein and has the consistency of soft-serve ice cream. Try it topped with cashews, coconut flakes and a handful of your favourite granola.
- 1/2 cup (40 g) finely grated carrot
- 1 cup (170 g) mashed butternut squash, cooled
- 1 cup (140 g) frozen mango or pineapple chunks
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 serving (30 g) vegan vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric, optional
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger, optional
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon, optional
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender and mix until smooth and creamy. Don’t over blend.
- Scoop it into a bowl, load it up with your favourite smoothie bowl toppings and enjoy with a spoon.
This smoothie comes out very thick if you follow the recipe as written. If you prefer a drinkable smoothie, add a bit more liquid until you reach desired consistency.
Topping ideas: granola, shredded coconut or toasted coconut flakes, sliced banana, almond butter, almonds, walnuts or cashews, mulberries, chopped dates or raisins.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 268
- Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 41 g
- Fiber: 12 g
- Protein: 24 g
Keywords: butternut squash smoothie