- 1/2 cup (40 g) finely grated carrot or frozen diced carrot
- 1 cup (170 g) cooked, mashed butternut squash
- 3/4 to 1 cup (140 g) frozen peach slices, mango chunks or pineapple chunks
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 serving (30 g) vegan vanilla protein powder
- 1 tsp organic ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp each ground ginger and cinnamon (optional)
- pinch of black pepper (optional, improves absorption of active compound in turmeric)
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender and mix until smooth and creamy. Don’t over blend.
- Scoop it into a bowl, load it up with your favourite smoothie bowl toppings and enjoy with a spoon.
This smoothie comes out very thick if you follow the recipe as written. If you prefer a drinkable smoothie, add a bit more liquid until you reach desired consistency.
Topping ideas: granola, shredded coconut or toasted coconut flakes, sliced banana, almond butter, almonds, walnuts or cashews, mulberries, chopped dates or raisins.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 285 calories
- Fat: 5 grams
- Carbohydrates: 30 grams
- Fiber: 8 grams
- Protein: 32 grams
Keywords: high-protein, healthy, low calorie