For the Sriracha Baked Tofu
- 1 package organic, sprouted extra-firm tofu (or firm or extra-firm tofu of choice)
- 2 tbsp sriracha sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce or gluten-free tamari
- 2 tsp garlic powder
For the Dressing
- 1/4 cup soy sauce or gluten-free tamari
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice (or orange juice)
- 2 tsp sesame oil (replace with water for oil-free)
- 1 tsp sriracha
For the Bowls
- big handful of greens per serving
- 2 cups cooked white or brown rice (1/2 cup per bowl)
- 2 cups cooked edamame (1/2 cup per bowl)
- 4 small carrots, peeled and grated or julienned
- 1 avocado, sliced (1/4 per bowl)
- 8 tsp sesame seeds (approx. 2 tsp per bowl)
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut tofu into small cubes and toss with sriracha, soy sauce and garlic powder. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
- While the tofu is baking, cook the rice and edamame according to package instructions. Keep in mind if you’re using brown rice, you may need up to 45 minutes to cook it so get that started before the tofu.
- Grate or julienne the carrots.
- Whisk all the sauce ingredients together in a small dish or container.
- Assemble the bowls by preparing 4 bowls or containers then adding a handful of greens to each. Divide the rice, edamame, carrot, tofu and avocado between the bowls. Top each with the sesame seeds and a drizzle of the sauce.
If storing leftovers, keep the greens, avocado and sauce separate until serving. If making meal prep containers, start with the rice, edamame, tofu and carrot, then add a little sauce and put the greens on top. To keep fresh, add the avocado just before, or at least on the day of serving. Assembled bowls can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days if you leave the greens and avocado off.
The greens can be optional. Just the rice, tofu, edamame, carrot and sauce is yummy all mixed up and leftovers keep well this way.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 412
- Sugar: 16 g
- Fat: 14 g
- Carbohydrates: 51 g
- Fiber: 9 g
- Protein: 23 g
Keywords: tofu rice bowl, baked tofu rice bowl, high-protein vegan bowl