For the Carrot Chia Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (50 g)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup loosely packed, finely grated carrot (35 g)
- 1 scoop vegan vanilla protein powder (30 g)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- pinch of sea salt (optional)
- pinch of cinnamon (optional)
For the Cinnamon Sautéed Apple
- To make the oatmeal, add all the oatmeal ingredients to a small pot and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently for 7-10 minutes until thick.
- To make the cinnamon sautéed apples, heat the coconut oil in a good non-stick pan over medium high heat (you can skip the oil and use water if you like!), then add the chopped apples, pinch of coconut sugar (if using) and cinnamon. After about a minute, add a couple tablespoons of water and continue cooking and stirring. As the water evaporates and the pan dries out, keeping adding more water, a few tablespoons at a time and continuing to cook. Repeat this process for 10-12 minutes until the apples are soft, browned, ooey, gooey and delicious.
- Scoop the cooked oats into a bowl, top with the sautéed apples and enjoy.
Keywords: stovetop, oats, plant-based, healthy