For the Roasted Carrots
- 8–12 medium whole carrots (2–3 carrots per bowl)
- 1/2 tsp olive or avocado oil
- sprinkle of salt and pepper
For the Lemon Tahini Sauce
- 5 tbsp (75 g) tahini
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2–1 tsp sea salt, to taste
- 2–6 tbsp water to adjust consistency
For the Bowls
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (1 cup dry, about 1/2 cup cooked per bowl)
- 4 cups de-stemmed and finely chopped kale (about 1 big handful per bowl)
- approx. 2 cups chickpeas (about 1/2 cup per bowl)
- 8 tbsp pepitas (2 tbsp per bowl)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- To make the roasted carrots, give whole carrots a good scrub to clean then place on a baking pan lined with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Drizzle with the oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper, then roll them around to coat.
- Roast the carrots for 20 minutes, shake the pan, then continue roasting for another 10-15 minutes until the carrots can be pierced with a fork but still have some firmness to them.
- To make the quinoa, bring 2 cups of water to a boil stovetop in a medium-sized saucepan. Add the quinoa, cover and reduce heat to low. Lightly simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes, covered. Remove the lid and fluff with a fork.
- To make the tahini dressing, add all the dressing ingredients to a bowl or container and until smooth and creamy. Slowly add water to adjust the consistency, it should be thick and creamy but pourable.
- On a cutting board or in a bowl, drizzle the kale with 1/4 tsp olive oil or avocado oil. Massage and squeeze the kale for 1-2 minutes until softened.
- To assemble the bowls, divide the kale, quinoa, chickpeas and carrots between 4 servings. Top each with tahini sauce and sprinkle with the pumpkin seeds.
- Enjoy right away or let cool and store in the fridge in a sealed container for up to 4 days. If storing, I recommend keeping the dressing separate.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 461
- Sugar: 14 g
- Sodium: 400 mg
- Fat: 19 g
- Carbohydrates: 61 g
- Fiber: 14 g
- Protein: 17 g
Keywords: kale quinoa bowl, carrot kale salad