For the Roasted Carrots
- approx. 3 whole carrots per serving
- drizzle of olive or avocado oil
- salt and pepper
For the Lemon Tahini Sauce
- 5 tbsp (75 g) tahini
- juice from 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 large soft medjool date or 2 small soft dates (15 g)
- 3 cloves garlic
- water to thin
- sea salt, to taste
For the Bowls
To Make the Roasted Carrots
- Place clean whole carrots on a baking pan lined with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Drizzle a little oil on them and then roll them around so every carrot is well coated. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and roll to coat.
- Roast at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, shake the pan a bit and then roast for another 10-20 minutes until they’re tender but crisped and brown on the outside.
To Make the Lemon Tahini Sauce
- Blend all the ingredients to combine, slowly add water until you reach desired consistency. I usually add about 6-7 tbsp of water.
- Add sea salt to taste.
To Assemble the Bowls
- I steam kale by adding de-stemmed, torn up pieces of kale to a large pan with a few splashes of water then covering and let steam for about 5-6 minutes. It should be slightly softened with a nice, dark green colour but still be holding it’s shape. Don’t over cook it.
- Makes about 1 cup of dressing or enough 4-5 bowls. Store any extra in the fridge.
Keywords: gluten-free, buddha bowl, salad, tahini sauce, fall, vegetarian, plant-based