- 1/2 cup coconut cream (from 1 13.5 oz can full-fat coconut milk – see instructions)
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling, just plain cooked pureed pumpkin)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1.5 tsp pumpkin pie spice or 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp ground ginger and 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- To make the coconut cream, place a can of full-fat coconut milk in the fridge overnight.
- When you’re ready to make the recipe, open the can of coconut milk and scoop the thickened coconut cream off the top and into a mixing bowl (or blender if using), leaving the watery part behind. 1 can of full-fat coconut milk should produce 1/2 cup of coconut cream.
- Add the pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice and maple syrup and mix until completely smooth.
- Divide into two jars, dishes or other serving container. Place in the fridge for a few hours to firm.
- Serve on its own or top with coconut whipped cream or dairy-free vanilla yogurt and if desired, crumbled dates and pecans.
If you’re missing any of the spices, even just 1.5 tsp of cinnamon is yummy.
You can use 1/2 cup of store-bought coconut cream instead of making coconut cream from a can of coconut milk.
Keywords: easy, healthy, best, spice, pie, plant-based