- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut each squash in half from the stem to the bottom tip and remove the seeds with a spoon.
- Sprinkle each half with salt and pepper and place cut side down on a baking tray. Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes until you can easily pierce with a fork.
- When the squash has about 15 minutes left, add the celery, garlic and onion to a skillet with a few tablespoons of water. Cook over medium heat for 6-7 minutes until softened.
- Add the apple and herbs, mix and cook for 4-5 more minutes. If the pan starts to get dry, add a few more splashes of water.
- Add the cooked brown rice, cranberries and pecans and cook for 4-5 more minutes until heated through. Season with salt and pepper, if needed.
- Once the squash is cooked, remove from the oven and fill each half with the stuffing.
- Serve right away topped with chopped fresh parsley. Store leftovers in the fridge in a sealed container for up to 2 days.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 336
- Sugar: 21 g
- Sodium: 30 mg
- Fat: 10 g
- Carbohydrates: 64 g
- Fiber: 9 g
- Protein: 5 g
Keywords: stuffed acorn squash, vegan stuffed squash