A quick and easy vegan peanut chickpea bowl with mango, veggies and peanut sauce that makes a great idea for meal prep!
For the Chickpea Bowls
- 1 can (19oz) chickpeas, drained and rinsed (2 cups)
- 1 tbsp olive oil (15 mL)
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 4 cups cooked basmati rice or long grain white rice (approx. 800 g)
- 1 fresh mango, cubed
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into chunks
- salt and pepper, to taste
For the Sauce:
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium-high heat and add the chickpeas, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Cook for 6-8 minutes until the chickpeas are starting to brown and crisp. For a simpler recipe, you can skip the garlic chickpeas and just use drained and rinsed canned chickpeas.
- While the chickpeas and cooking, wash and chop the mango, cucumber, and red bell pepper into bite-sized cubes.
- In a small bowl, add the coconut milk, peanut butter, and Siracha sauce and whisk to combine until you have a smooth, creamy texture.
- If serving right away, prepare 4 serving bowls. Start with 1 cup of rice in each bowl then divide the chickpeas, mango, cucumber and bell pepper between each. Drizzle each bowl with sauce and serve with fresh lime.
- If storing for meal prep, prepare 4 storage containers. Fill each with 1 cup rice then top with equal amounts of the chickpeas, mango, cucumber, and red bell pepper. Divide the sauce between 4 small separate containers. Store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Instead of mango, try mandarin orange slices or pineapple tidbits.
Different veggies that work are steamed broccoli, spinach, massaged kale, snow peas, snap peas, grated carrot, green bell pepper or green onion.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 486
- Sugar: 9 g
- Sodium: 349 mg
- Fat: 12 g
- Carbohydrates: 81 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Protein: 13 g
Keywords: peanut chickpea bowl, chickpea bowl, vegan meal prep recipe