This decadent peanut butter oatmeal is easy to make and high in protein for a filling breakfast that tastes amazing!
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (50 g)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (12 g)
- 1/2 a medium banana, mashed (60 g)
- 1 tbsp cacao powder (8 g)
- 1/2 scoop chocolate vegan protein powder (15 g)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp natural peanut butter
- optional: additional sliced banana, peanuts and cacao nibs for topping
- Bring the water to a boil in a small sauce pan, then stir in all the ingredients expect the peanut butter, reduce to a simmer and cook for about 6-7 minutes. Stir often to prevent from burning.
- Remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes to thicken. You can stir in a 1-3 tbsp of almond milk to adjust the thickness if desired.
- Scoop into a bowl, top with peanut butter and any other desired toppings and enjoy.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 566
- Fat: 25 g
- Carbohydrates: 62 g
- Fiber: 15 g
- Protein: 30 g
Keywords: easy, healthy, high-protein