This healthy green kale spinach smoothie is the perfect way to eat more nutrient-dense leafy greens! Made with frozen banana, protein powder, almond butter and your choice of mango and pineapple, it’s so delicious you’d never guess it’s packed with whole food ingredients.
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (300 mL)
- 1 cup or handful spinach (35 g, raw or frozen)
- 1 cup or handful kale, leaves and stems (35 g, raw or frozen)
- 1 medium frozen banana (120 g)
- 1/2 cup frozen mango or pineapple chunks (70 g)
- 1 tbsp peanut butter or almond butter (15 g)
- 1 scoop vegan vanilla protein powder (30 g)
- 1 tsp cinnamon, optional
- Add the milk to your blender container then add the rest of the ingredients.
- Turn it on low then slowly increase the speed to high and blend until it’s completely smooth and creamy. If you need more liquid, slowly add additional plant-based milk to adjust the consistency.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!
This recipe makes 1 large green smoothie or 2 smaller smoothie suitable for a snack or sharing.
For the liquid, use any plant-based milk, water or coconut water.
For a low-calorie smoothie, omit the almond butter. For more calories, increase the nut butter to 2 tbsp.
Smoothie can be made up to 1 day in advance and stored in the fridge or you can add everything but the almond milk to a freezer-safe bag or container to speed things up when you’re ready to make it.
This smoothie is best with a high-speed blender. If you don’t have one, chop the banana into small rounds before freezing for easier blender.
If you have kids that aren’t a fan of green foods, add 1/4 cup frozen blueberries to make it purple!
- Serving Size: 1 smoothie
- Calories: 470
- Fat: 13 g
- Carbohydrates: 67 g
- Fiber: 10 g
- Protein: 29 g
Keywords: easy green smoothie, kale smoothie, spinach smoothie