A classic Southwest salad featuring fresh veggies and a sweet and tangy dressing. Enjoy on its own as a light main dish or as a side to your favourite Summer meals. Works great as a dip or in tacos too!
- 1 14 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 jalapeno, de-seeded and minced
- 1/2 cup lightly packed cilantro, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp lime zest
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- avocado for serving, optional
- Add all of the ingredients to a large bowl and mix well.
- Serve right away topped with avocado or store in the fridge in a sealed container for up to 3 days.
Keywords: black bean corn salad, southwest bean salad