- 7 tablespoons chickpea flour (35 g)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch (15 g)
- 1 ⅓ cup unsweetened plant-based milk (330 mL)
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon salt or kala namak
- pinch of black pepper
- oil or cooking spray for pan, if needed
- Chop up the onion, parsley and mushroom so you’re ready to go.
- Heat 1 tsp oil of choice in a skillet (or use cooking spray or a good non-stick pan) over medium heat, then add the onions and mushrooms and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- While they’re cooking, add the chickpea flour, cornstarch, turmeric powder, salt and plant-based milk to a bowl and mix until smooth. Set aside while you cook the veggies.
- Pour the chickpea omelette batter over the vegetables and sprinkle with the parsley.
- Rotate the pan into circular motion to spread the batter and cook for 3-4 minutes, you will know when the omelette is cooked when the sides are dry and it’s nearly firm in the centre.
- Carefully flip the omelette and cook for another few minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Substitute cornstarch with 1 tbsp ground flax or 1 tsp psyllium powder.
Optional Seasonings: For additional seasoning, you can add a pinch of garlic powder and onion powder to the chickpea battter.
- Serving Size: 1 omelette
- Calories: 306
- Sugar: 7 g
- Sodium: 900 mg
- Fat: 7 g
- Carbohydrates: 46 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 14 g
Keywords: chickpea omelette, chickpea flour omelette