- 1 small chopped beet (100 g)
- 1 cup chopped and frozen zucchini rounds (100 g)
- 1 small peeled and frozen navel orange (100 g)
- 1 small handful of fresh spinach or kale (25 g)
- 1 cup almond milk or plant-based milk of choice
- 1 scoop vegan vanilla protein powder of choice (30 g)
- optional: half a frozen banana (60 g) for extra sweetness and creaminess
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender and start blending on low. Slowly increase speed, continuing to blend until it’s completely smooth and creamy. You may need to stop a few times to mix it. Give it a bit longer than you think it needs to allow all the flavours to mix together and the beet to completely mix in.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy.
- This smoothie does have a hint of beet flavour to it so if you’re not a big fan of beets, I’d suggest adding half a frozen banana for extra sweetness.
- To make this as a smoothie bowl, add the optional frozen banana, reduce the liquid slightly then blend on low until it’s thick and creamy, scoop into a bowl and enjoy with a spoon.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 258
- Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 35 g
- Fiber: 11 g
- Protein: 25 g
Keywords: protein, healthy