- 1 cup almond milk or plant-based milk of choice, plus more as needed to adjust consistency (250 mL)
- 1 small chopped beet, washed and root removed (100 g)
- 1 cup chopped and frozen zucchini rounds (100 g)
- 1 peeled and frozen navel orange (100 g)
- 1 cup or handful fresh spinach or kale (25 g)
- 1 scoop vegan vanilla protein powder (30 g)
- 1/2 a frozen banana, optional, for sweetening (or 3–4 small pitted dates)
- Add the milk to a high-speed blender then add the rest of the ingredients.
- Start blending on low then slowly increase speed, continuing to blend until it’s completely smooth and creamy. You may need to stop a few times to mix it. Give it a bit longer than you think it needs to allow all the flavours to mix together and the beet to completely mix in. If needed, add a little additional milk to adjust the thickness to your liking.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy.
- This smoothie does have a hint of beet flavour to it so if you’re not a big fan of beets, I’d suggest adding half a frozen banana for extra sweetness.
- To make this as a smoothie bowl, add the optional frozen banana, reduce the liquid slightly then blend on low until its thick and creamy, scoop into a bowl and enjoy with a spoon.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 258
- Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 35 g
- Fiber: 11 g
- Protein: 25 g
Keywords: beet smoothie