- 2 tbsp (20 g) chia seeds
- 2 tbsp (20 g) hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp (7 g) raw cacao powder
- 6 small (40 g) pitted dates, or 2-3 large medjool dates (substitute sweetener of choice, see notes)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened plant-based milk
- optional: 1/4 tsp grey sea salt
- optional: 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- optional: 1 tbsp chocolate plant-based protein powder
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend to combine.
- Add to a container and place in the fridge for a few hours up until overnight.
- Add any desired toppings and enjoy.
- You can substitute the dates with whole leaf stevia powder or extract, pure maple syrup, brown rice syrup or agave nectar. If you don’t use dates, you could also skip the blender and just everything in a container. Mix together everything except the sweetener and then sweeten to taste. I’d recommend starting with a a couple teaspoons of liquid sweetener and adjusting from there. If you’re using stevia, a small pinch or a few drops of liquid extract should do it.
- Topping suggestions: berries, walnuts, almonds, hemp seeds, cashew yogurt, banana, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, nut butter, tahini.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 392
- Fat: 18 grams
- Carbohydrates: 45 grams
- Fiber: 12 grams
- Protein: 13 grams