These delicious vegan and gluten-free chocolate chip zucchini cookies are perfect for a healthy dessert option!
- 1 cup oat flour (120 g)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (50 g)
- 1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, coconut sugar or cane sugar (50 g)
- 1/4 cup plant-based milk (50 mL)
- 1 cup grated zucchini (150 g)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (60 g)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (80 g)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (10 mL)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (170 C) and line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together the oat flour, rolled oats, baking soda, cinnamon and brown sugar (if using maple syrup add it in step 3).
- Add the shredded zucchini, peanut butter, milk, vanilla and chocolate chips. Fold together until a dough forms. It might appear dry at first but keep stirring until it’s all the dry ingredients are wetted.
- Place the dough in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes. This will make it easier to form the cookies.
- Roll the dough into tablespoon sized balls and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until light golden brown around the edges.
- Cool at room temperature before handling to allow them to firm up.
- For a lower-sugar, healthier alternative to chocolate chips, try different add-ins like walnuts, raisins or pecans.
- Let cool completely then store in an airtight container at room temperature for 3 days, in the fridge for up to 1 week or freeze in a freezer-safe container or bag for up to 3 months.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 101
- Sugar: 11 g
- Sodium: 82 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Carbohydrates: 20 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 4 g
Keywords: chocolate chip zucchini cookies, vegan zucchini cookies