For the Salad
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- 1 bell pepper, de-seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup raisins or dried cranberries
- 2 cups shelled edamame, cooked
- 4 cups broccoli, cut into bite-sized florets and lightly steamed
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- dash of hot sauce, if desired
For the Dressing
- Add all salad ingredients to a large mixing bowl and mix well.
- Whisk the tahini dressing ingredients together in a small dish or shake in a jar, adding water 1 tbsp at a time until you reach your desired consistency. Its should be creamy but pourable.
- Add the dressing to the salad and mix well.
- Serve right away or store in the fridge in a container for up to 4 days.
The nutritional information listed below is if you make 4 servings out of this. For 6 servings, each serving would provide 298 calories, 8.4 grams of fat, 14.6 grams of protein and 42 grams of carbohydrates.
To make this recipe stretch further, you can add an additional 1 cup of cooked wild rice. I’ve made it with 2 cups and 3 cups and both are good! If you’re adding 3 cups of rice, you’ll definitely get 6 servings out of this.
Maple syrup can be reduce or omitted if you prefer a sugar-free dressing. If omitting, add a bit of extra lemon juice.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 426
- Fat: 12 g
- Carbohydrates: 63 g
- Protein: 22 g
Keywords: wild rice salad, cold rice salad