- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (substitute water or other plant-based milk of choice)
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup (sub coconut sugar or to make sugar-free, use stevia)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional, adds flavour)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract (optional, adds flavour)
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, sea salt and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Add the unsweetened almond milk and maple syrup and stir until “just mixed.”
- Let the batter sit for 5-10 minutes. While you wait, heat a pan over medium-high heat.
- Lightly oil the pan or spray it with a little non-stick cooking spray then scoop the batter into the pan in 1/4-1/2 cup portions.
- Once there are a few bubbles in the middle and they look cooked around the edges, flip and cook for a couple more minutes on the other side.
- Serve and enjoy!
- This recipe is pretty easy to eye-ball. I make it all the time with a big scoop of flour, a spoonful of baking powder, pinch of salt, stevia and enough water to form a thick batter. It makes amazing, perfect, super light fluffy vegan pancakes every time!
- For best results, make sure you active baking powder. If you’re unsure if your baking powder is still good, you can test it by by mixing 1 teaspoon of baking powder with 1/3 cup hot water. If the baking powder is fresh, the mixture should produce lots of bubbles.
Keywords: oil-free, sugar-free, easy, fast