This whole wheat vegan pancake recipes is sure to be your new go-to for easy, fluffy and delicious pancakes.
- Mix together the whole wheat flour, baking powder, sea salt and cinnamon (if using) in medium mixing bowl using a fork or whisk to help break up any lumps of flour and distribute the baking powder and salt.
- Add the wet ingredients (non-dairy milk and maple syrup) and gently mix until all the flour has been mixed in. The batter will be thick and slightly lumpy.
- Let the batter rest for at least 5 minutes while you heat a nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- If needed, lightly oil the pan with coconut oil or olive oil or spray with a light coating of non-stick cooking spray, then scoop approximately 1/3 cup portions of the batter onto the pan.
- Cook the pancakes until the edges look dry, firm and golden brown and bubbles are appearing, then flip and cook for another 30-90 seconds until thick, fluffy and browned on both sides.
- Repeat with the remaining batter then serve right away with your favourite pancake toppings like fresh fruit and maple syrup.
Sweetener: Maple syrup can be substituted with your choice of sweetener such as coconut sugar, cane sugar, brown sugar or for sugar-free pancakes, stevia, monk fruit sweetener or erythritol.
Liquid: Almond milk can be substituted with any non-dairy milk (except canned coconut milk) or water.
For Buttermilk Pancakes: Use all-purpose flour instead of whole wheat flour and add 2 tsp lemon juice, apple cider vinegar or white vinegar to the milk and let sit for a few minutes before adding to the batter.
For best results, make sure you active baking powder. If you’re unsure if your baking powder is still good, you can test it by by mixing 1 teaspoon of baking powder with 1/3 cup hot water. If the baking powder is fresh, the mixture should fizz.
Add-Ins: Try mixing up to 1/2 cup fresh blueberries or 4 tbsp vegan chocolate chips into the batter or dropping a few onto each pancake after you’ve added the batter to the pan.
- Serving Size: 1/2 of recipe
- Calories: 276
- Sugar: 12 g
- Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 57 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 9 g
Keywords: whole wheat vegan pancakes, oil-free vegan pancakes