- 2 tbsp olive oil (15 g, sub vegetable broth as an oil-free option)
- 1 medium onion diced (2 cups, 250 g)
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced (2 tbsp, 25 g)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (1 tbsp, 10 g)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 medium potato, peeled and diced (3 heaping cups, 525 g)
- 4 cups vegetable broth (1000 ml)
- 3 x 540 mL can white kidney beans, drained and rinsed (about 7.5 cups)
- 2 cups frozen corn (225 g)
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro (20 g)
- zest and juice from 1 lime (approx. 1/8 cup lime juice and 1 tbsp zest)
- fresh cracked black pepper, for topping
- finely chopped green onion, for topping
- In a large pot over medium heat, sauté onions, garlic and jalapeño in the olive oil until translucent and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Add all of the spices and sauté for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and broth and bring to a simmer. Cook for 10 minutes until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Add beans and continue to simmer lightly for 15-20 minutes.
- With a potato masher or immersion blender, pulse or mash potatoes and beans 3 or 4 times to create some texture.
- Fold in corn and cilantro and turn off the heat.
- Finish chilli with fresh lime juice, lime zest and fresh cracked black pepper. Serve hot with finely chopped green onions and avocado.
If you don’t have a zester, use a peeler to remove some peel then finely chop.
Storing: Let cool then store in airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months. Reheat stovetop or in the microwave until heated to your preference.
- Serving Size: 1/6th of recipe
- Calories: 324
- Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 58 g
- Protein: 17 g
Keywords: vegan white bean chili, vegan white chili, white bean chili recipe