For the Tempeh
- 1 package tempeh, cubed (approx. 225 g)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or another sweetener of choice
- salt, pepper and garlic powder
For the Salad
- 8 cups fresh arugula
- 2 lb. baby potatoes
- 1–2 tsp salt for cooking potatoes
- 1/2 a small red onion, thinly sliced
For the Tahini Dijon Dressing
- Start by adding the cubed tempeh and marinade ingredients to a small dish, mixing well and marinating for 30 minutes up to overnight.
- When you’re ready to make the salad, bring a large pot of water to a boil on the stovetop with 1-2 tsp of salt. Add the baby potatoes and cook for approximately 15 minutes until easily pierced with a fork. Strain.
- While the potatoes are cooking, turn the oven on to broil. Place the cubed tempeh on a baking sheet and broil for 10 minutes until starting to brown and crisp.
- To make the dressing, whisk the ingredients together in a jar or dish until smooth and creamy.
- To assemble the salads, start with a bed of arugula then evenly divide the cooked potatoes, tempeh and red onion amongst each serving. Drizzle with the dressing and enjoy.
You can make any number of servings of the salad but the dressing makes enough for 4-6 salads. I usually just make one serving of the salad at at time since this one isn’t great for leftovers. You can however, prep the tempeh and potato ahead of them and store separately until you’re ready to assemble.
Keywords: vegan arugula salad, tempeh salad, healthy, easy, plant-based