This easy korma recipe is ready in 30 minutes! Enjoy a tasty blend of vegetables and spices in creamy korma sauce. Serve with rice for a quick and delicious dinner.
- 1 cup cashews (150 g)
- 1 cup boiling water (250 ml)
- 1 medium onion diced (1 cup, 150 g)
- 2 clove garlic (1 tbsp, 10 g)
- 1 tbsp olive oil (12 g)
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp ginger
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 2 medium carrots peeled and chopped (2 cup, 275 g)
- 1 28 oz crushed tomato (796 ml)
- 2 cup water or vegetable broth (500 ml)
- 2 tsp salt
- 3 medium potato, peeled and diced (4 cups, 700 g)
- 2 ribs celery, washed and chopped (1 cup, 145 g)
- 2 cups small florets of cauliflower (225 g)
- 1 cup frozen peas (125 g)
- In a small bowl place your cashews with boiling water, leave to soak while you complete the following steps.
- In a medium pot on medium high heat, sauté your onions with olive oil until translucent approx 3-4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and spices, and continue to cook for an additional 2-3 minutes to toast the spices (add a splash of water if you notice the spices sticking to the bottom of the pan).
- Add the crushed tomatoes and water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and add the potato, celery and carrots stirring occasionally until potatoes are fork tender, approx. 10 – 15 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking puree the soaked cashews by placing the nuts and water into a blender. Blend on high for 1-2 minutes until completely smooth in texture. Reserve for later.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, add the cauliflower, peas and cashew cream. Bring sauce back to a simmer and cook for an additional 7-8 minutes, remove from heat and enjoy!
- Serve on its own or over a bed of steamed rice, top with toasted cashews and freshly chopped cilantro.
Storing: Let cool then store in an airtight container in the fridge for 4-5 days.
Nut-Free Option: Substitute the cashews and water with a 14 oz can of full-fat coconut milk.
Oil-Free Option: Substitute the oil with water or vegetable broth.
- Serving Size: 1/6th of recipe
- Calories: 318
- Fat: 14 g
- Carbohydrates: 41 g
- Protein: 12 g
Keywords: vegetable korma, vegan korma recipe